Authorized Worker Training Course
Authorized Worker Training Course Overview
This course is intended for those whose job responsibilities require them to work at elevations on a consistent basis. This is an interactive session with overhead/computer presentations, hands-on applications and a written knowledge test to facilitate the course objectives.
Upon completion of the course, students will have a basic understanding of the following:
- Magnitude of the problem/OSHA fall protection statistics
- Applicable Fall Protection regulations
- Fall Protection hierarchy of controls including elimination, prevention, arrest and administrative
- ABC’s of Fall Protection including anchorage, body support, connection means and compatibility
- Equipment availability in the marketplace
- Full body harness including application and donning/doffing
- Shock absorbing
- Introduction to:
- Vertical lifelines
- Horizontal lifelines
- Rigid rail systems
- Ladder climbing systems
- Work positioning systems
- Specialized Fall Protection equipment
- Best practices
ITAC Fall Protection will provide all Fall Protection equipment required for instruction; however, students are encouraged to bring their own personal fall arrest equipment to the course for use and demonstration.
A spiral bound course manual will be issued to each student.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be considered for Competent Person status by their employer and will receive a certificate with applicable expiration date for retraining/re-certification.
4 to 8 Hours
If you’re interested in signing up for a class, fill out the form below, and we’ll contact you shortly.