Qualified Person Training
This course is intended for those whose job responsibilities require them to actively participate in the rules, training, and the development of site‐specific fall protection directives at their work site or plant/facility. This is an interactive session with overhead/computer presentations, hands-on application, and a written knowledge test to facilitate the course objectives.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to recognize and mitigate fall hazards through a prescribed hierarchy of fall hazard controls. They will be appointed to Qualified Person status via a basic understanding of the following:
- ITAC Fall Protection Competent Course content
- Regulatory definitions of the Qualified Person
- The physics of a fall
- Engineering design theory as it applies to the analysis and design of fall arrest systems‐components, anchorages, horizontal lifelines, vertical lines, rigid rail systems
- Engineering “rules of thumb” for engineering application for anchorage/anchorage connectors and other various fall arrest system components
- Structural analysis and design of:
- Certified anchorage points for the attachment of fall arrest systems
- Vertical lifelines and associated anchorages
- Horizontal lifelines and associated anchorages
- Rigid rail systems and associated anchorages
- Proper fall arrest system component selection
- Fall Protection system testing
- Quantitative/Qualitative risk assessment
A full understanding of the applicable OSHA standards as well as the ANSI Z359 Fall Protection Code will be incorporated into the course content.
ITAC Fall Protection will provide all fall protection equipment required for instruction; however, students are encouraged to bring their own personal fall arrest equipment to the course for use and demonstration.
A spiral bound course manual will be issued to each student.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be considered for Competent Person status by their employer and will receive a certificate with applicable expiration date for retraining/re-certification.